GPMT (Greenplum Magic Tool) provides a set of diagnostic utilities to troubleshoot and resolve common supportability issues, along with a consistent method for gathering information required by VMware Support.
gpmt tool [tool_options ...] [-hostfile FILE] [-help] [-verbose]
- Collect information from a hung Greenplum Database session for remote analysis.
- For VMware Support use only. Back up catalog prior to performing catalog repairs.
- Basic Greenplum Database log collection utility.
- For VMware Support use only. Greenplum Database gpcheckcat log analysis.
- For VMware Support use only. Greenplum Database Health Check.
- Check for missing stats on objects used in a query.
- Package core files into single tarball for remote analysis.
- For VMware Support use only. Check whether primary and mirror AO and AOCO relfiles are the correct lengths.
- For VMware Support use only. Collect data and index files for data corruption RCA.
- Generate hostfiles for use with other tools.
- Check whether tool is replicated to all hosts.
- Replicate tool to all hosts.
- Display the GPMT version.
- Limit the hosts where the tool will be run.
- Display the online help.
- Print verbose log messages.