Greenplum Database Concepts
This section provides an overview of Greenplum Database components and features such as high availability, parallel data loading features, and management utilities.
- About the Greenplum Architecture
Greenplum Database is a massively parallel processing (MPP) database server with an architecture specially designed to manage large-scale analytic data warehouses and business intelligence workloads.
- About Management and Monitoring Utilities
Greenplum Database provides standard command-line utilities for performing common monitoring and administration tasks.
- About Concurrency Control in Greenplum Database
Greenplum Database uses the PostgreSQL Multiversion Concurrency Control (MVCC) model to manage concurrent transactions for heap tables.
- About Parallel Data Loading
This topic provides a short introduction to Greenplum Database data loading features.
- About Redundancy and Failover in Greenplum Database
This topic provides a high-level overview of Greenplum Database high availability features.
- About Database Statistics in Greenplum Database
An overview of statistics gathered by the ANALYZE command in Greenplum Database.
Parent topic:Greenplum Database Administrator Guide