Manage the PXF configuration and the PXF service instance on all Greenplum Database hosts.
pxf cluster <command> [<option>]
help init register reset restart start status stop sync
pxf cluster utility command manages PXF on the master, standby master, and on all Greenplum Database segment hosts. You can use the utility to:
- Initialize PXF configuration on all hosts in the Greenplum Database cluster.
- Reset the PXF service instance on all hosts to its uninitialized state.
- Start, stop, and restart the PXF service instance on all segment hosts.
- Display the status of the PXF service instance on all segment hosts.
- Synchronize the PXF configuration from the Greenplum Database master host to the standby master and to all segment hosts.
- Copy the extension files from the PXF installation on each host to the Greenplum installation on the host after a Greenplum upgrade.
pxf cluster requires a running Greenplum Database cluster. You must run the utility on the Greenplum Database master host.
(If you want to manage the PXF service instance on a specific segment host, use the
pxf utility. See
pxf clusterhelp message and then exit.
$PXF_CONF. If you do not set
$PXF_CONFprior to initializing PXF, PXF returns an error.
$GPHOMEbe set, and is typically run after you upgrade your Greenplum Database installation.
$PXF_CONF) from the master to the standby master and to all Greenplum Database segment hosts. By default, this command updates files on and copies files to the remote. You can instruct PXF to also delete files during the synchronization; see Options.
pxf cluster sync command takes the following option:
Stop the PXF service instance on all segment hosts:
$ pxf cluster stop
Synchronize the PXF configuration to the standby and all segment hosts, deleting files that do not exist on the master host:
$ pxf cluster sync --delete